Title of the race: XI. NN Ultrabalaton
Aim of the race: To run or cycle around our beloved Lake Balaton, the biggest lake of Central Europe and to explore ourselves, our team mates and the beautiful rural scenery along the route.
Date: 19-21 May 2016
Race centre: Club Aliga Balaton, 8171 Balatonvilágos, 1 Aligai út .
Distance: One lap around Lake Balaton J (220 km)
Route: Balatonaliga – Balatonfüred – Pécsely – Badacsonyörs – Keszthely – Fonyód – Balatonboglár – Siófok – Balatonaliga.
- Individual Women’s
- Individual Men’s
- Women’s Double
- Men’s Double (if the team has a male member, the team is classified here)
- Women’s Triple
- Men’s Triple (if the team has a male member, the team is classified here)
- Women’s Four
- Men’s Fouur (if the team has a male member, the team is classified here)
- Women’s Five
- Men’s Five (if the team has a male member, the team is classified here)
- Overall Women’s relay for 6-12-member teams
- Overall Men’s relay for 6-12-member teams (if the team has a male member, the team is classified here)
- Section champion (The fastest female or male competitor to complete a given section of the race)
- UB Individual Women’s Half Marathon
- UB Individual Men’s Half Marathon
Separately evaluated team categories:
Company team category for 6-12- member teams (Teams must be formed from employees working at the same company and their relatives). Company teams are also evaluated in the overall 6-12-member team relays).
Cycling Tour: As its name suggests, the cycling tour is not a race. Bikers do not compete against time, the tour is an opportunity to experience the atmosphere of Ultrabalaton.
Cut off time: Individual runners and teams have 32 hours from the start time to complete the race.
Start times: Please provide your estimated finish time when you register your team for the race as start times are calculated based on this data. Submitted finish times can be modified until 1 April. Please use the section calculator to help you estimate your lap time. The slowest teams will be assigned to the first wave and the fastest ones to the last wave. Average speed teams will be assigned to waves in between the two in order to prevent congestion and collision. Unfortunately road infrastructure around the lake wasn’t planned with an UB type race in mind. We will need your cooperation in submitting correct lap-times, so that we can plan ahead. A free UB 2017 team registration will be raffled off among those teams who provide us with the most precise finish time.
- Individual competitors: 5:00 a.m. on 20 May 2017
- Slower double and triple teams: 5:30 a.m.
- Slower 4-member teams: 8:00 a.m.
- Slower 5-member teams: 8:30 a.m.
- Faster double and triple teams: 9:30
- Faster 4-member teams: 10:00
- Faster 5-member teams: 10:30
- 6-12-member teams: between 6:30 a.m. and 14:50 p.m.
- Cycling Tour: 10:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m. and 12:45 a.m. on 28
The exact start times of the teams will be announced on 21 April the latest.
Finish area will be open: from 16:00 p.m. on 21 May 2017.
Sections and relay points: At this year’s Ultrabalaton, the lap will be made up of 37 sections. The shortest section will be only 3 km long, while the longest will be over 10 km. We felt it important to include a comparatively short distance into the route so that first timers or inexperienced runners could also get the hang of the Ultrabalaton race. There will be mobile toilets set up at each relay point.
- You will be able to replace your liquid and calorie loss at over 40 aid stations.
- You will find Primavera mineral water, BioTechUSA isotonic sports drinks, glucose, bananas, sweet biscuits, salted breadsticks and sultanas at the refreshment points, but only the competitor completing the given distance and carrying the chip can refresh at the given station.
- At every refreshment point there will be an extra table reserved exclusively for the individual, double and triple team runners. Olives, cheese, tomatoes, peach preserve, honey, butter and bread will be available for the runners plus at some refresment points also coke, beer and coffee. Naturally, all ultra runners are entitled to take refresments from the tables set up for teams and they will also be provided with hot meals at five aid stations along the route.
- Bikers can take refreshments at 8 refreshment points. You can find the list of biker refreshment points here
Race package includes:
- Race number
- Special technical running Tee, (individual runners will have their names printed on it)
- Program leaflets, including section maps.
- Promotional materials with discounts, sample products.
- Varga wine and Eispro ice-cream at the Race Centre in Club Aliga
- Wristbands for contestants to participate in the race and join the pasta party on Friday. (Wearing the wristband during the race is compulsory for teams as extra services can be used on showing the wristband)
Pick up time of race packages will be announced later. Race packages can only be collected after signing the declaration of liability in our Budapest office in Maratonman Óbuda or on 19 and 20 May 2017 in Club Aliga in the race centre.
- Each competitor finishing within the cut off time receives a medal with a ribbon corresponding to the category.
- Each individual competitor finishing within the cut off time receives an individual finish tape with their name on it.
- Podium finishers of the categories receive a cup and a gift package from the sponsors.
- This year from among the 6-12-member teams, company teams will again be awarded separately.
Timing: will be done by using an on-line system at the designated relay points. Time crediting will be possible at railway crossings, these will immediately be handled by the system. Net time will be shown at the end of the race. Please note that the order of the final results may be influenced by time credits.
(For example: in case of teams starting in the same wave, because of the time spent at the rail crossings, not necessarily the team finishing earlier will complete the race faster.)
Announcers: At the venue of UB Hang On Production (Debreceni Attila&Toldi Tamás) will keep spectators updated about the race and cheer on the athletes. There will also be speakers at several relay points along the race route.
Medical care: Competitors will be continually accompanied and monitored by medical staff travelling on ambulance cars and motorbikes. The phone number of the UB medical service can be found on the back of each race number.
Race terms and conditions: The race terms and conditions can be found here
Photography: Photos taken along the race route and in the race centre will be available for free download after the race and on our facebook profile. Due to high participation numbers we cannot guarantee to take a photo of each participant. We kindly encourage you to take photos of your team members along the route and at the Race Centre.
NN Ultrabalaton running ethics:
We are all guests during the Ultrabalaton race, the guests of Lake Balaton. The least we can do is to leave the lake and its environment as clean as we have found it.
The towns we pass through warmly welcome us. UB is famous for its good atmosphere and fun events and also for respecting the local inhabitants and the peace of those who are not participating in the race.
You might be the best and fastest runner on your team or a first timer with little experience or perhaps a biker joining the cycling tour, but in any case, please have respect for the ultrarunners battling for every metre along the race route. They are the individual heroes who compete by pushing their individual performance to the limit. Encourage and respect them, be patient towards them!
Help your running mates in need, even if you won’t be credited for your time loss!
We are runners. We do not distinguish ourselves by skin colour, by religion or by age. It is not important where we come from or how fast we can run. We are connected by the love of sport and the mutual respect for the distance and for each other.
The volunteer helpers will do their best to encourage and help you at the stations. Please give them a smile in return.
Even tough this is a race, please keep in mind the rules of fair play at all times. Either win or lose, compete fairly with your head held high, keeping the written and unwritten rules! Do it for yourself, not for others. This way you will contribute to an unforgettable experience and you will become an inseparable part of the concept that we call ULTRABALATON.
The organizer reserves the right to change the program and the announcements.