- As a participant of NN Ultrabalaton, I accept and observe the terms and conditions of the race.
- I declare that I enter the competition fit, healthy, at my own risk, physically and mentally prepared for the chosen distance/tour.
- I consent to the disclosure of photos and recordings taken of me during the event. I acknowledge that security cameras may record me along the race route and at the race centre. I note that the photos and recordings taken of me may be used in commercials and other media for promotional purposes.
- I accept that my registration and my race package are not transferable and are only valid after the payment of the registration fee. The organizers will delete the registrations that are not paid until 15 January 2017 and the open places will be filled up from the waiting list.
Cancellation and refund policy:
- The organizers can accept the cancellation of the registration in writing only, 30 days prior to the event the latest (until 19. 04. 2017) at email@example.com. In case of cancellation an 80% of the registraton fee will be refunded.
- In case of late cancellation (within 30 days prior to the race), the registration cannot be cancelled, refunded or transferred.
- Teams cannot change members after signing the declaration of liability.
Keeping the deadline of the payment of the registration fee is entirely the competitor’s responsibility. The date of the receipt of the payment determines the order of the registrations. In case of late or incomplete payment, the difference must be paid to validate the registration. Teams must pay the entry fee in a lump sum. Individually transferred registration fees will be transferred back to the sender after the deduction of bank charges from the amount.
In case of teams, the number of members on a given team can only be extended after notifying the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org about the changes. Decision will be made on an individual basis, taking into consideration the current Tees in stock, the start time of the team and the fullness of the chosen category).
Collection of race numbers and race packages both for individual runners and relay teams is only possible after signing the declaration of liability.
Individual and biker race packages can only be picked up on showing personal identification or a letter of authorization.
Race packages for teams can be collected by the team captains upon showing personal identification or by authorized persons showing a letter of authorization and a photo ID.
- I accept that the start time of my team will be determined by the estimated lap time the organizers were provided with. Under no circumstances can start times be changed. With my registration I accept that the organizers will announce the exact sart time of my team until 21 April 2017 the latest.
In the company team category the team name must include the name of the company. Teams from the same company will start together in the same wave provided their lap time allows. In case of considerable differences in lap times the organizer reserves the right to assign teams separate start times.
- Company team members will receive T-shirts with their company logo. Company logos must be submitted in a jpeg or pdf format via e-mail to email@example.com until 15 March 2017. After the deadline (15 March 2017) we cannot accept logo requests. For technical reasons certain logos can only be printed on the race bib on a white strip.
- I accept and adhere to the parking rules and regulations during the race at the race centre and at the relay points both in my and my competitors’ interest.
The race route will be clearly marked by signboards and painted signs and the route will be published in the program leaflets. Please follow these signs during the race, do not rely entirely on the contestants ahead of you. Following the race route is entirely the contestants’ responsibility. Competitors must at all times follow the instructions of the volunteers, civilian patrols and police officers along the race route. Should an individual runner or a team decline to do so, their race number and chip will be removed and they will be disquialified from the race.
- I acknowledge that in case the race is cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, natural disasters or other unexpected events, the organizers will not refund me my registration fee but announce a new fall date for the race. The organizer reserves the right to change the program, the venue or the route of the event.
- Data sent with my registration are true and correct and I consent to their storage and usage. The organizers may send newsletters, messages and promotional materials to my address and phone number.
- I prepare for the race clean, I do not use drugs that are on the doping list of the Hungarian Olympics Committee and I consent to providing a test substance after the race if it is required. Should I refuse to do so, I may be disqualified from the race and my results may be cleared.
To keep the purity of the race, in accordance with the international regulations on doping, the first three finishers of both the male and female individual category may be required to do a doping test. In case of a positive test result, the competitor will be disqualified, and the finish order will be modified.
For broadcasting and time crediting reasons, leading runners of the race may be accompanied by motorbikers from the media. In case the timing system fails, the accompanying motorbiker will manually record the passing of the points and the lost time at the railway crossings.
- 2-, 3-, 4- and 5-member teams will have a fixed start time but depending on the number of teams the organizer may designate other start times for „slower” and „faster” teams. To provide equal opportunities, results will be announced only for faster teams. Teams who complete the race 15% faster than their submitted lap time will be disqualified from the race. In case a 2-, 3-, 4- or 5-member team changes members, their lap time can be modified via e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until 1 May 2017 the latest.
- In case of 6-12-member teams, lap times can only be modified via e-mail, sent to email@example.com until 1 April 2017 the latest.
- I accept to wear the race number attached to the front of my clothes at all times during the race. Competitors who fold or cover their race number, or wear it in a way that it is not clearly visible, may get a 10-minute time penalty. Competitors failing to comply to the above rule despite repeated warnings may be disqualified from the race. Moreover, competitors who fail to complete their whole distance or those who fill in the registration form or the declaration of liability with false or insufficient data or use the timing chip improperly may also be disqualified from the race. Members of teams and participants of the cycling tour must wear their wristbands and their race numbers at all times during the race. For safety reasons it is prohibited to follow competitors by car on the north coast. Violation of this rule may result in the immediate disqualification of the competitor.
I accept to follow the instructions of the traffic control staff at the level crossings. When the red light is on, crossing is dangerous and prohibited. Competitors who violate this rule will be immediately disqualified from the race.
Participants of the Cycling Tour and accompanying bikers must wear helmets during the tour.
I acknowledge that the organizers provide different refreshments for the participants of different categories and in case of teams, only the competitor completing the given distance (wearing the timing chip) is entitled to refreshments. The participants of the cycling tour receive refreshments only at the designated points. Litter can only be thrown away at the refreshment and relay points, where it will be collected by the organizers. Throwing away litter on the race route is prohibited, violating this rule entails immediate disqualification.
Relay is only possible at the relay points. Relay is prohibited anywhere else along the route.
- Along the night sections it is compulsory for runners to wear head lamps. After dark the competitors can only leave the relay points provided they wear head lamps. Bikers must use proper lighting in accordance with the rules of the Highway Code. In the absence of the above equipment, the race cannot be continued.
- Roller skating, running without a race number or running with a dog is prohibited! I acknowledge that in case of breaching these rules, I will be immediately disqualified and removed from the race.
- Any marketing activity on the whole area of the race, at the stations and on the route is only possible with the prior written permission of Balatonman Triatlon Ltd!
- During the announcement of the final results, the winners may take their national flag with them onto the podium. No sponsor banners or signs are allowed.
- Age limit: we maximized the daily distance that can be completed, taking into account the age of the runners:
- Marathon individual age limit: minimum16 years of age , with written parental consent.
- Half marathon individual age limit: minimum 13 years of age, with written parental consent.
- 10 km individual age limit: minimum 10 years of age and written parental consent.
Children under the age of 10 can only compete if accompanied by a parent or an adult.
- Should the medical staff decide that I cannot continue the race, I accept their decision in my own best interest. For safety reasons, the race numbers and timing chips of those individual competitors who exceed the individual cut off times will be removed at the relay points. They will not be allowed to continue the race.
- The organizer reserves the right to limit the number of participants and to close the registration at any time.
- Swimming in Lake Balaton during the race is the participants’ own responsibility, the organizers cannot be held responsible for any accidents or damages resulting from it.
- The organizers are not responsible for any valuables left in the accompanying cars or at the accommodation.
- Cut off times: individual runners as well as teams have 32 hours to complete the distance from the start time. There is no cut off time for the cycling tour but the finish area will be closed down at 14:00 P.M. on 21 Sunday 2016 at the latest. Contestants who cannot finish the race within the cut off time will not receive a medal and their results will not be entered into the official list of results and statistics.
- In case of a tight finish, the athlete finishing first may not win the race because of the time credits at the level crossings.
- For each section the winning female and male competitor will be announced and they will receive a special diploma. Section assignments of the team with the corresponding names must be sent until 31 May 2017 on the form sent to the team captain. We can only evaluate team members whose data is provided by the team captain in time. If a team changes members after the submission of the form and someone else completes the given distance, the organizers must be informed about the changes because their name must be cleared from the named section.
- I acknowledge that mutual respect and acceptance form the basis of the Ultrabalaton race. We do our job in this spirit. Showing disrespectful behaviour, spitting, cursing, or sending rude letters and messages to the traffic control staff, volunteers and organizers will automatically result in an immediate and forever ban from all of the Balatonman races and events.
- According to the decision of the disaster management authorities, the operation of privately owned drones is prohibited during our races. Drones can only be operated with the prior written permission of Balatonman Triatlon Ltd.
- Smoking is incompatible with the spirit of our races. For this reason and for the protection of non-smokers, smoking is prohibited along the race route and in the finish area. Those who are found smoking in the area of the race, at any realy or refreshment point or in the start or finish area will be disqualified and their race number will be removed. In case of a team, only the violator will be disqualified, the rest of the team can continue the race.