Dear UB Half-marathoners,
This year again we would like to provide a special opportunity for those who cannot participate in the Ultrabalaton as part of a team but would like to get a taste of the race as individual runners on a shorter distance. The UB half-marathon will start on Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 11 a.m. from Balatonszéplak and the finish will of course be at the Race Centre in Balatonaliga. Participants will receive special „UB Half-Marathon” running Tees, complete BioTechUSA Energy Gel PRO refreshments and they will also experience the unique atmosphere of the UB.
Race start: 21 May 2017 at 11 a.m.
Start area: Rózsa square, Balatonszéplak
Finish area: Club Aliga Balaton, 1 Aligai út, 8171 Balatonvilágos
Distance: Half-marathon, 21 097 m
Route: Balatonszéplak, Rózsa square – Balatonszéplak, Dessewffy Street and Fecske Street corner turning point – Siófok – Balatonaliga.
- Individual women’s
- Individual men’s
Awards: Podium finishers of the categories will be awarded a cup, a diploma and our sponsors’ gifts.
Cut off time: Runners will have 2 hours and 45 minutes from the start time to complete the half-marathon distance.
- You can replace your fluid and calorie loss at 4 UB refreshment points and in the finish area.
- Primavera mineral water, BioTechUSA isotonic sports drinks, glucose, banana, sweet biscuits and salted breadsticks will be available at the refreshment points. At the two middle refreshment points BioTechUSA GO energy bars and BioTechUSA Energy Gel PRO will also be available, (Please don’t use refreshments from the tables set up for the ultra runners!)
- For more information about refreshment, click here.
Registration fee includes:
- Participation in the race
- Finisher medal
- Race packge (including UB special running Tee)
- Chip timing
- Complete BioTechUSA refreshment at the designated refreshment points
- Medical care during the race
- Free download of photos taken during the race
- Participation in the pasta party on Friday
Start package contains:
- Individual half-marathon race number (compulsory to wear during the race)
- UB special running Tee
- Program leaflet
- Promotional materials with discounts, product samples
- Wristband which entitles competitors to participate in the race and join the pasta party on Friday (compulsory to wear during the race for half-marathoners)
Until 15 January 2017: HUF 11.900
Until 15 February 2017: HUF 13.900
From 16 February 2017: HUF 15.900
Entry fees are the most economical if paid before 15 January 2017.
Timing: Chip timing
Medical care: Runners will be followed by medical staff with ambulance cars and motorbikes. In case of emergency, the phone number of the UB medical service can be found on the back of each race number.
Race rules and regulations: can be viewed here
Photos: Finish photos and photos taken in the race centre will be uploaded to our facebook page after the race.
NN Ultrabalaton running ethics:
During the Ultrabalaton race we are all guests of Lake Balaton. The least we can do is to leave the lake and its environment as clean as we have found it.
The towns we pass through will warmly welcome us. Our UB race is famous for its good atmosphere and fun events and also for the respect we show towards the local inhabitants and the peace of those who do not wish to participate in the race.
You might be the best and fastest runner on your team or a first timer with little experience or perhaps a biker in the cycling tour, but in any case, please have respect for the ultrarunners battling for every metre. They are the individual heroes who are trying to complete the distance often by pushing their performance to the limits. Encourage and respect them, be patient with them!
Help your running mates in need, even if you might not be credited for your time loss!
We are runners. We do not distinguish ourselves by skin colour, by religion or by age. It is not important where we come from or how fast we can run. We are connected by the love of sport and the mutual respect for the distance and for each other.
The volunteer helpers do their best to encourage and help us at the stations. Please be thankful to them and give them a smile in return.
Even tough this is a race, please bear in mind the rules of fair play at all times. Either win or lose, compete fairly with your head held high, keeping the written and unwritten rules of the race! Do it for yourself, not for others. This way you will contribute to an unforgettable experience and you will become an inseparable part of the name we call ULTRABALATON.
The organizer reserves the right to change the program and the announcements.