Dear Teams, Dear Runners,
Many of you are experienced competitors for whom participation in the Ultrabalaton race is already a tradition. Owing to your loyal support and participation in the event, by now Ultrabalaton has grown into one of the most prestigious sports events in Hungary. Hopefully, many first timers will also join the race to compete alongside the experienced runners in 2017. We hope each year more and more runners will enjoy the unique atmosphere of the Ultrabalaton!
Although this year you will find shorter sections on the route where first timers can test the waters, we can assure you that the race is not going to be a milk run! Besides being a wonderful, shared experience where friendships will be forged, the race will also definitely be a challenge for all.
Whilst maintaining the traditions of the race, we will also bring you new features in 2017.
In 2017 teams can compete in the following categories:
- Women’s Double
- Men’s Double (if one member of the team is a male competitor, the team is classified here)
- Women’s Triple
- Men’s Triple (if one member of the team is a male competitor, the team is classified here)
- 4-member Women’s
- 4-member Men’s (if one member of the team is a male competitor, the team is classified here)
- 5-member Women’s
- 5-member Men’s (if one member of the team is a male competitor, the team is classified here)
- Overall Women’s Relay for 6-12-member teams
- Overall Men’s Relay for 6-12-member teams (if one member of the team is a male competitor, the team is classified here)
Separately evaluated team categories:
- Company team category (Teams must be formed from employees working at the same company and their relatives). Company teams are also evaluated in the overall 6-12 member team relays). The registered team name must include the name of the company!
- As in 2016, we will again announce the winning female and male competitors for each section and they will be presented with a special diploma. We hope that everyone will try and run their best at least on one section J Please e-mail us the section assignments of your team with the corresponding names until 31 May after the race the latest so that times could be accurately recorded. Each team captain will be sent a form via e-mail the week before the race where the section assignments can be entered for the evaluation of the team members’ performance. We can only announce the final results after receiving the forms.
If you wish to accompany the team on bike, you will have to register for the cycling tour. Bikers will also receive an UB T-shirt and a medal and they can refresh at eight points along the route.
Start times: Please provide your estimated finish time as accurately as possible when you register your team for the race as start times are calculated based on this data. 6-12-member teams can modify their submitted lap time until 1 April. Please use the section calculator to help you estimate your lap time. The slowest teams will be assigned to the first wave and the fastest ones to the last wave. Average speed teams (who make up about 80% of the teams) will be assigned to waves in between the two in order to prevent congestion and collision. Taking the estimated lap times into consideration, teams from the same company will be assigned to the same wave if their lap times allow.
Unfortunately road infrastructure around the lake wasn’t designed with an UB-type race in mind. We will need your cooperation in submitting accurate lap-times, so that we can plan ahead. A free UB 2018 team registration will be raffled off among those teams who provide us with the most precise finish time.
- Slower double and triple teams: 5:30 a.m.
- Slower 4-member teams: 8:00 a.m.
- Slower 5-member teams: 8:30 a.m.
- Faster 4-member teams: 10:00 a.m.
- Faster 5-member teams: 10:30 a.m.
- Faster double and triple teams: 9:30 a.m.
- 6-12-member teams: between 6:30 a.m. and 14:50 p.m.
- Cycling Tour: 10:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
(The exact start times of the teams will be announced on 21 April the latest, start times can be viewed in a separate menu entry).
2-, 3-, 4- and 5-member teams will have the above start time but slower” and „faster” teams will start in different waves. To provide equal opportunities for the teams, results will be announced only for faster teams (1st-3rd places). Teams who complete the race 15% faster than their submitted lap time will be disqualified from the race. In case a 2-, 3-, 4- or 5-member team changes members, their lap time can be modified via e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until 1 May 2017 the latest. Submission of the modified lap time is entirely the team’s responsibility.
Registration for the XI. NN Ultrabalaton race opens at 19:00 on 21 October 2016.
Registration fee is the most economical if you register and pay until 15th January 2017.
Since participation is limited, please make sure you organize and register your team as soon as possible to ensure your place in the start zone! (in 2015 team registrations had to be closed at the beginning of December and one day later there were over 200 teams on the waiting list!) In case of oversubscription, registrations and payments of entry fees will be treated in the chronological order of their receipt.
For further information please click here: Event Info 2017